General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
• Battle of California
• Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
• Southeast Shootout
• Bird Watcher's Anonymous
• Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
• Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
• The Bruin's Blog
• Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
• Die By the Blade
• Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
• Open Ice Hits
• The Battle of Alberta
• Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
• Canes Country
• Carolina on Ice
• Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
• All Things Avs (Denver Post)
• Jerseys and Hockey Love
• Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
• Bethany's Hockey Rants
• Light the Lamp
• The Neutral Zone Trap
• Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
• Razor With An Edge
• Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
• Abel to Yzerman
• On the Wings
• Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
• Battle of Alberta
• Lowetide
• Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
• On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
• Litter Box Cats
• Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
• Life in Hockeywood
• Frozen Royalty
• Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
• Wild Puck Banter
• Deuce by Definition
• Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
• Flying Frenchmen
• All Habs
• Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
• What the Puck
• The View From 111
• Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
• Interchangeable Parts
• In Lou We Trust
• The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
• The View From Section 317
• The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
• The Battle of New York
• The Hockey Rodent
• Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
• Scarlett Ice
• SENShobo
• Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
• Ronnybrook
• Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
• Hip Shot Blog
• Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
• Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
• The Sidney Crosby Show
• Pensblog
• The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
• Battle of California
• Sharkspage
• Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
• St. Louis Game Time
• The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
• Raw Charge
• Bolts Blog
• Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
• Pension Plan Puppets
• Battle of Ontario
• Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
• Canuck's Corner
• Canucks & Beyond
• The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
• Japer's Rink
• Puckhead's Thoughts
• On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

Game #69: Blue Jackets at Predators

Saturday, March 10, 2007
Team: Columbus Blue Jackets
Record: 27-34-7
On the road: 12-18-3
Last 10: 4-4-2
Bloggers and local media:
Death Cab for Woody
End of the Bench
The Jacket Times
Jackets tie odious shutout mark - Columbus Dispatch (Portzline)





Synopsis:
Painful. And that's not even meant to describe how I feel after a late night and then an early wake-up this morning, either. After this post, I'm most likely going to lay down after some cardio exercising.

But, yeah. 3-0 loss to the Stars, and there's really nothing to say about last night. Believe me, I'm trying to come up with some sort of snappy comment, or name someone who deserves criticism ... and honestly, most everyone I saw on the ice gave a ton of effort. In the end, they were simply beat by a superior goaltender in Marty Turco, who looks to have gotten a spring back in to his step after shutting the Blue Jackets out, and 'helping' them to tie that dubious (I prefer my word over Portzline's use of 'odious', so hah!) mark of 14 shutouts in a season, tying an NHL record ever since the league grew in size by double.

The three different goals that the Blue Jackets gave up involved a comedy of errors. Once again, it's worth pointing out the wretched penalty kill, which allowed the Stars to go 2-for-5 on the power play. I believe this is the ... 10th straight game they've given up at least a one power play goal, now? The other goal was a total lapse of judgement by both Sergei Fedorov and Nikolai Zherdev at different points during the Stars' scoring of said goal. Fedorov all but pansy-wristed the puck on his backhand, and not getting any air on it, handed it right over to Jussi Jokinen and Jere Lehtinen. Meanwhile, Zherdev all but lackadaisically glided in to his own defensive zone, which gave his man -- Niklas Hagman -- all the time in the world to fire it in to the net, no matter how fast Fredrik Norrena might have tried to go side to side.

There is one other thing I want to mention ... and while I've been singing the praises of
Hitchcock since he first arrived, I just can't find myself agreeing with his decision to bump up Alexander Svitov to being between Rick Nash and David Vyborny as the game wore on, despite the fact that the team was down a goal. It isn't even so much that I find Geoff Platt to be the superior centerman compared to Svitov for the top line at this time, but also that this was Svitov's first game back since a mild concussion. I don't feel he was prepared, and while I understand Hitch's desire to shake things up and see if anyone gets a fire lit under them as a result, it just seems to have backfired more than anything else.




Team: Nashville Predators
Record: 45-18-6
At home: 24-5-4
Last 10: 6-1-3
Bloggers and local media:
No blogs.
Forsberg practices, could return soon - The Tennessean






Synopsis:
That nap I said I was going to take? I'm taking it now, as I am way, way too tired to continue. Sorry, folks. If you want a Predators' write-up, go check out some Predator blogs.

... OWAIT! They don't have any! HURRRR! :-p

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:
  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with you about Svitov v. Platt on the Nash/Vyborny line. I am much more comfortable with Platt in there for some reason. I feel like there is more chemistry on that line when he is in. Nothing against Svitov - just doesn't seem to fit in that line as well...

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Temujin said…

    If Norrena could only get some offensive help. His record doesn't reflect his level of play... he ought to be 25-9-3.

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This blog is amazing!!!i stay impressive with the whole information because is absolutely interesting. Simply wonderful. i love all the jackets style ,because it drive me crazy. I love to buy different kind of colours.Actually when my boyfriend change his jacket and
    buy viagra i notice a great difference in him.

     
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links