General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
• Battle of California
• Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
• Southeast Shootout
• Bird Watcher's Anonymous
• Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
• Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
• The Bruin's Blog
• Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
• Die By the Blade
• Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
• Open Ice Hits
• The Battle of Alberta
• Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
• Canes Country
• Carolina on Ice
• Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
• All Things Avs (Denver Post)
• Jerseys and Hockey Love
• Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
• Bethany's Hockey Rants
• Light the Lamp
• The Neutral Zone Trap
• Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
• Razor With An Edge
• Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
• Abel to Yzerman
• On the Wings
• Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
• Battle of Alberta
• Lowetide
• Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
• On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
• Litter Box Cats
• Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
• Life in Hockeywood
• Frozen Royalty
• Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
• Wild Puck Banter
• Deuce by Definition
• Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
• Flying Frenchmen
• All Habs
• Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
• What the Puck
• The View From 111
• Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
• Interchangeable Parts
• In Lou We Trust
• The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
• The View From Section 317
• The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
• The Battle of New York
• The Hockey Rodent
• Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
• Scarlett Ice
• SENShobo
• Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
• Ronnybrook
• Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
• Hip Shot Blog
• Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
• Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
• The Sidney Crosby Show
• Pensblog
• The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
• Battle of California
• Sharkspage
• Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
• St. Louis Game Time
• The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
• Raw Charge
• Bolts Blog
• Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
• Pension Plan Puppets
• Battle of Ontario
• Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
• Canuck's Corner
• Canucks & Beyond
• The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
• Japer's Rink
• Puckhead's Thoughts
• On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

Landing on my bed in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... *CRASH!*

Thursday, June 21, 2007
Less than 21 hours until the 2007 NHL Entry Draft!

Que the dramatic music and effects!



I am tired. Dead tired. I'm keeping this short, because I have an early wake-up tomorrow:

-The prospect clinic that took place down at the Dispatch Ice Haus was awesome to watch, and it was great to see some of the more notable ones such as Patrick Kane, Kyle Turris, Sam Gagner, Karl Alzner, and Keaton Ellerby all participate in a hockey clinic alongside not only Blue Jackets' players Rick Nash, Dan Fritsche, Manny Malhotra and Pascal Leclaire, but also with at least two dozen youth hockey kids from in and around Columbus who were given the opportunity to lace it up with them.

If you're curious to see some footage of all that happened, apparently the NHL has been uploading YouTube videos left and right of what went down:

NHLTube

-I've been getting hit with e-mails left and right, and for now, accept my apologies and bear with me as I tuck a majority of them away in to my archives for later responding. The draft, as well as my own personal ongoings, has taken away every waking hour of freedom from me, only allowing me time to make these daily posts on Army of the Ohio. I promise I'll do my best to respond.

-I said I'd get pictures of the area in the Bud Light Arena Pub I was referring to, and by damned I got pictures!:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The front of the Bud Light Arena Pub, just around Section 118 to 119. A key point for anyone entering the BLAP from inside. Sadly, I lacked the time to snag a shot or two of the exterior entrance. :-(

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Rear side of the BLAP, left side. This spot is actually where the radio hosts and other media personalities do radio shows during games and during special events. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, there's the possibility of a show being set up there around the same time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alright, now this is key. You see that booth there? That's on the right side of the rear part of the BLAP. And that is where I intend to do my very damnedest to hunker down alongside Drew and any people who show up early, in an attempt to seize a perfect place for a good group of people. I don't know how easy it'll be, but it's worth a shot. And if push comes to shove, there's always the possibility of table linking, eh?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Remember that outer alcove I mentioned? Apparently I mis-remembered it, and instead of chairs and couches, it's a bar and stools. Irregardless of that fact, it can still work as a secondary option if need be.

And that's it. That's all. I am tired. I need sleep.

Good night, and see you tomorrow afternoon!






Labels: ,

3 Comments:
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger BZArcher said…

    My friends and I hit the prospect skate as well - I have to say that Leclaire's mobility really impressed me. (You can see a few videos where he's hopping from place to place to avoid some pucks or collisions with the kids)

    I really hope that bodes well for this next season in net.

    The way the CBJ players and all the prospects (well, OK, except Ellerby) got involved with the kids was great to watch, and it was really fun to spend some time there.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Keith Instone said…

    Nice meeting you at the draft. Thanks for setting up the blogger meet-up.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger BZArcher said…

    C'mon. :D You've had a day to recover - let us hear what you think about how the draft went?

     
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links