General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
Battle of California
Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
Southeast Shootout
Bird Watcher's Anonymous
Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
The Bruin's Blog
Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
Die By the Blade
Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
Open Ice Hits
The Battle of Alberta
Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
Canes Country
Carolina on Ice
Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
All Things Avs (Denver Post)
Jerseys and Hockey Love
Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
Bethany's Hockey Rants
Light the Lamp
The Neutral Zone Trap
Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
Razor With An Edge
Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
Abel to Yzerman
On the Wings
Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
Battle of Alberta
Lowetide
Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
Litter Box Cats
Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
Life in Hockeywood
Frozen Royalty
Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
Wild Puck Banter
Deuce by Definition
Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
Flying Frenchmen
All Habs
Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
What the Puck
The View From 111
Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
Interchangeable Parts
In Lou We Trust
The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
The View From Section 317
The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
The Battle of New York
The Hockey Rodent
Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
Scarlett Ice
SENShobo
Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
Ronnybrook
Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
Hip Shot Blog
Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
The Sidney Crosby Show
Pensblog
The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
Battle of California
Sharkspage
Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Game Time
The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
Raw Charge
Bolts Blog
Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
Pension Plan Puppets
Battle of Ontario
Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
Canuck's Corner
Canucks & Beyond
The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
Japer's Rink
Puckhead's Thoughts
On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

Blarf! Yeah, I have no witty title today.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Sorry, folks. I've generally been living under a rock over the weekend and the early part of this week. The truth is that I've been all but torn apart with a combination of many things. If anyone cares, three things that caused chaos and mayhem happened here this weekend:

1) Algebra. That always causes chaos.
2) The bathroom was flooded by the people above me. Apparently they have never heard of emergency maintenence, and so let their tub sit with overflowing, flooded water thinking it would magically fix itself. I was half-tempted to go and take my goalie stick with me upstairs and give them a piece of my mind.

(Note: Michael does not condone violence ... off the hockey rink, at least.)

In the event anyone is curious to see what had happened, I rather boredly recorded the aftermath and YouTubed it here. On the plus side, the people above me are apparently moving out on the 20th of this month.

3) I've been extremely busy getting my place as cleaned up and as hospitable as possible. My best friend is going to be coming up here from New Jersey and staying with me for the next several weeks while we catch up and he looks into Ohio State's Grad program. So that may also take a small bite out of my updating schedule unless anything real big happens.

To save time, trouble, and delving through each post which had a comment, I'll just reply to them all here? Sound good? Good!

Tapeleg - Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your Avs blog! As well as the other blog you pointed out for me. I added you already, but sorry I didn't mention it earlier.

Doogie2K - I'm Resident Lune over at Wikipedia. I know I've seen you around a lot in edit histories and at the project, so good to see you around Blogger as well.

Ingmar - It totally slipped my mind to add you to my blogroll after I got your comment, but thanks for pointing me in your direction. I know I'd seen your blog before somewhere, too, and the more Blues blogs the better.

Drew - Okay ... the Write On Sports thing. Well, let's see ... to be honest, I'd say it's worth considering. The way I look at it, it seems like nothing more than a hub for active sports bloggers, and there's already a bunch of similar places like that, such as Blog groups like Technorati, except this sounds a lot more sports oriented and with a bit of emphasis on quality, too. It doesn't sound like putting one's blog on there is going to bring the plague or anything, but I may wait and see how the site fleshes itself out before committing to anything. He did say that it'll be about a month or so before it's up anyway.

With that taken care of ... do I have any hockey news to talk about? Well, yes and no. There's always news going on outside of the Blue Jackets, and I may very well touch on that later in the day if I have a moment to sit down and sift through what's been going on. I know that Hasek got picked up (for the third time) by Detroit, and for the most part there's plenty of rumbling and grumbling in Hockeytown, even for the piddly price tag he's got as a one-year salary.

There was more talk about Zherdev over at The Columbus Dispatch, but it's really nothing that I didn't already muse on, and I pretty much agree that this one year difference with little to no salary difference is hopelessly lame, and I wish MacLean would just give him the deal. I don't want to spend the offseason worrying about a huge gaping hole the size of an X-Box in our top two lines.

I'll see what sort of entry I can rustle up between now and tomorrow. Even if this is the offseason, I tend to feel guilty if I neglect the blog for even just a couple days. Almost like I should be doing something with this, even if it doesn't touch on the Jackets.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links