General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
Battle of California
Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
Southeast Shootout
Bird Watcher's Anonymous
Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
The Bruin's Blog
Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
Die By the Blade
Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
Open Ice Hits
The Battle of Alberta
Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
Canes Country
Carolina on Ice
Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
All Things Avs (Denver Post)
Jerseys and Hockey Love
Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
Bethany's Hockey Rants
Light the Lamp
The Neutral Zone Trap
Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
Razor With An Edge
Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
Abel to Yzerman
On the Wings
Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
Battle of Alberta
Lowetide
Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
Litter Box Cats
Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
Life in Hockeywood
Frozen Royalty
Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
Wild Puck Banter
Deuce by Definition
Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
Flying Frenchmen
All Habs
Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
What the Puck
The View From 111
Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
Interchangeable Parts
In Lou We Trust
The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
The View From Section 317
The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
The Battle of New York
The Hockey Rodent
Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
Scarlett Ice
SENShobo
Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
Ronnybrook
Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
Hip Shot Blog
Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
The Sidney Crosby Show
Pensblog
The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
Battle of California
Sharkspage
Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Game Time
The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
Raw Charge
Bolts Blog
Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
Pension Plan Puppets
Battle of Ontario
Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
Canuck's Corner
Canucks & Beyond
The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
Japer's Rink
Puckhead's Thoughts
On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

The 5 Things I "Weird" About Me.

Friday, August 04, 2006
You know, it's 1:12 in the morning (EST), I don't see myself going to sleep any time soon thanks to an abundance of caffeine overdose due to a rush to finish my Philosophy assignment, and now that it is done I have nothing else to do. With that said, why not do something that isn't related to the Blue Jackets. Of course, that would be a meme, as I have now been "tagged" by Jerseys and Hockey Love. Besides ... Thursday nights tend to be the lazy ones to just do some more random things, right?

But enough digressing!

1) I played college hockey.

While this might sound like any old, non-weird thing at first ... the reality of the matter is that prior to joining with the Club (it was D-III equivalent) team at Allegheny College in my first (and only) year there back in 2001-2002, I hadn't had a lick of on-ice, competitive experience outside of clinics and pick-up hockey no longer than about 1 1/2 years. To think that I could actually play hockey with a bunch of guys who'd played beyond just casual summer clinics was beyond me.

As it turned out, I managed to get about 4-5 minutes a game, and even pulled a goal and an assist out of my behind somehow in the 10 games we played in our season. I'm still wondering how the frell I did it, too. My parents have the goal in a little box somewhere back home in New Jersey.

2) I can't (won't) drive a car.
See, there we go ... now this one is a kicker in the Weird-O-Meter. Back when I was in high school, me and another classmate were being driven by our instructor to the DMV. Just as we were getting to a T-Bone turn (or fork in the road ... whatever), no more than 15 feet from us, two cars practically slammed right into each other, right before our eyes. Suffice it to say, that wasn't what I wanted to see when I was on my way to take my first Learner's Permit test ever.

Since then I've been rather paranoid of getting behind the wheel with the exception of driving off-road on places like the beach. Probably doesn't help that public transportation in NJ/NY is so good it spoils you.


3) I'm invincible!
Well, not quite ... I'm probably one of the few people I know who, despite living an active, sports-filled lifestyle, has never broken a bone or done anything outside of perhaps a small strain. Though there was the one time that soccer ball in high school decided to say "Hello!" to ... er, yeah. Let's move on, shall we?

4) I eat frozen French fries. I also eat NO vegetables.
This one definitely falls in the "weird" range. What can I say, eh? It probably has to do with my inability to properly make frozen fries (of the Ore-Ida variety) beyond nuking them in a microwave (which isn't even the proper way!). Now there's also the lack of eating vegetables, which I guess contradicts eating fries ... only technically. But actually, it's an exaggeration. I eat corn, I eat potatoes, and I eat nothing else. My taste buds are the most muxed up, sensitive, easily agitated things ... and none of my past experiences with broccoli, peas, green beans, or spinach have ever been good. If you ever invite me over for the dinner? Make sure you have a Hungry Man-type dinner of meat, meat, and more meat out. Hold the salad, please.

5) I didn't go to a "real" high school.
This is kind of hard to explain, actually. I'll just get this out of the way and say right now that despite my officially recorded higher than average intellect (gloat gloat ... okay, I'm done), I am the King of Procrastination at the same time. For years I struggled and flailed my way through high school in the beginning, getting the lowest of the low grades and having a "Devil may care" attitude to the whole situation. As a last resort my parents sent me off to a "learning center" 45 minutes away from home for classes, while I was still technically enrolled as a student at Columbia High School (the public school).

Two years later I graduate on time and receive a $500 bonus scholarship from my school for being the most "ambitious" and "driven" student. Though I guess you could look at those two words in different context depending on who you are and how you know me, huh?

(Actually, that was their way of letting me know that my confrontational attitude was both valued and loathed at the same time. Heh.)

------------

And that, actually, wraps it up! Considering it's now over an hour later and past 2 AM, I have a feeling I might have flubbed this a bit. But then again it takes a lot to flub a meme, doesn't it? No, I won't be tagging anyone ... I tend to have a pretty strict No-Tag Policy when it comes to other people. So fear not, as no one will be put on the hot seat by me.

And with that done, I am now going to continue trying to figure out how I can re-add my profile box to the layout without ruining it. As it stands right now, the CSS code for that one box is agitating me quite a bit.

2 Comments:
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger Tapeleg said…

    Well played, sir, well played. Thanks for taking part. Now go to bed.
    BTW, I had some thought about if I were the CBJ GM. I'll post them soon, as they may become outdated soon.
    Hope you had fun.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Brushback said…

    Hey! I eat frozen french fries right out of the bag, too.

    Nothing but meat for me, also. I'd prefer not to murder vegetables.

     
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links