General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
• Battle of California
• Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
• Southeast Shootout
• Bird Watcher's Anonymous
• Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
• Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
• The Bruin's Blog
• Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
• Die By the Blade
• Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
• Open Ice Hits
• The Battle of Alberta
• Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
• Canes Country
• Carolina on Ice
• Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
• All Things Avs (Denver Post)
• Jerseys and Hockey Love
• Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
• Bethany's Hockey Rants
• Light the Lamp
• The Neutral Zone Trap
• Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
• Razor With An Edge
• Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
• Abel to Yzerman
• On the Wings
• Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
• Battle of Alberta
• Lowetide
• Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
• On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
• Litter Box Cats
• Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
• Life in Hockeywood
• Frozen Royalty
• Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
• Wild Puck Banter
• Deuce by Definition
• Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
• Flying Frenchmen
• All Habs
• Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
• What the Puck
• The View From 111
• Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
• Interchangeable Parts
• In Lou We Trust
• The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
• The View From Section 317
• The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
• The Battle of New York
• The Hockey Rodent
• Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
• Scarlett Ice
• SENShobo
• Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
• Ronnybrook
• Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
• Hip Shot Blog
• Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
• Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
• The Sidney Crosby Show
• Pensblog
• The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
• Battle of California
• Sharkspage
• Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
• St. Louis Game Time
• The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
• Raw Charge
• Bolts Blog
• Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
• Pension Plan Puppets
• Battle of Ontario
• Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
• Canuck's Corner
• Canucks & Beyond
• The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
• Japer's Rink
• Puckhead's Thoughts
• On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

Night of the Living Hockey Fan.

Thursday, August 17, 2006
Hooooockeeeeey ...
Hooooooooockeeeeeeeeeey ...
HOoOOOOOOoOOOOCKKKKKEEEEEEYYYYY ...

It's now been a full week since anything of interest happened in Columbus. Outside of Columbus, it seems like the hockey world has hit a wall made out of concrete reinforced with titanium. With the exception of the Where in the World is Evgeni Malkin? saga unfolding at a snails pace, and the recent signing of Owen Nolan to the Coyotes for one-year, things have been dead. And I mean dead. So dead that I've resorted to playing archaic video games on my SNES emulator. Let me tell you, you can never get enough Super Mario World or NHLPA Hockey '93. Looking back, isn't it funny that the NHL and NHLPA have been bickering over the most trivial of things since the early '90s? There's a reason no team names are used in NHLPA '93, after all ... the fact that only the Player's Association signed on for the game, while the NHL refused to do so. And the fact they got rid of fighting in NHL '94 because they wanted to "protect the league's image"? Oh, man. What a trip.

Around the blogosphere, I am far from the only person who is dealing with this miserable August lull (God I hate August ... in fact, to Hell with the summer as a whole!). Off Wing has been under the weather and is using the lack of news to recoup, so hopefully he'll feel better soon. Drew at EotB has moved to Wordpress, and props to his new layout. It's definitely sleek and slimlined. If I had known better, I also would have tried Wordpress before Blogger since they allow for entry tags. But I'm getting a little cozy here at Blogger, so I think I'll stay for the time being.

The visit by the parents went as good as can be. The usual comments about me having to get out more (I should), I need to work out more if I want to actually play pick-up hockey (they're right, again), and to stop using so much money (I do tend to have holes in my pockets). Now they're in Cleveland and checking in on grandma, who is doing quite well after her rounds of Chemo therapy.

... oh! There is some minor news in terms of hockey here in Columbus, now that I think about it. The Ohio Junior Blue Jackets -- Columbus's new USHL team -- is set to start up this coming season, and their first game will be on October 7th against the Waterloo Blackhawks, the day after the Jackets' first game against the Vancouver Canucks. They've already drawn up a website which you can see here. Admittedly, I'm torn on the use of ... what I'm assuming is a nuclear red? But the site is still young, and I'm sure as the season rolls along they'll start adding better content -- both information-wise and visually -- to the site.

Now that that's out of the way, it's time for me to crack open some books on my Information Technology class. With finals a week and a half away from being due, my stress meter is off the charts.
1 Comments:
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Kent W. said…

    It's definately becoming a challenge to fill the blogs these days. In the past month I've resorted to blogrolls and EA Sports NHL '07 "youtube" videos. Ugh.

     
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links