General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
• Battle of California
• Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
• Southeast Shootout
• Bird Watcher's Anonymous
• Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
• Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
• The Bruin's Blog
• Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
• Die By the Blade
• Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
• Open Ice Hits
• The Battle of Alberta
• Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
• Canes Country
• Carolina on Ice
• Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
• All Things Avs (Denver Post)
• Jerseys and Hockey Love
• Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
• Bethany's Hockey Rants
• Light the Lamp
• The Neutral Zone Trap
• Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
• Razor With An Edge
• Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
• Abel to Yzerman
• On the Wings
• Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
• Battle of Alberta
• Lowetide
• Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
• On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
• Litter Box Cats
• Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
• Life in Hockeywood
• Frozen Royalty
• Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
• Wild Puck Banter
• Deuce by Definition
• Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
• Flying Frenchmen
• All Habs
• Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
• What the Puck
• The View From 111
• Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
• Interchangeable Parts
• In Lou We Trust
• The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
• The View From Section 317
• The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
• The Battle of New York
• The Hockey Rodent
• Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
• Scarlett Ice
• SENShobo
• Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
• Ronnybrook
• Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
• Hip Shot Blog
• Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
• Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
• The Sidney Crosby Show
• Pensblog
• The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
• Battle of California
• Sharkspage
• Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
• St. Louis Game Time
• The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
• Raw Charge
• Bolts Blog
• Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
• Pension Plan Puppets
• Battle of Ontario
• Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
• Canuck's Corner
• Canucks & Beyond
• The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
• Japer's Rink
• Puckhead's Thoughts
• On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

Alive and well ... just very bored.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Forgive the lack of activity lately. I've decided that with nothing more than Zherdev/MacLean posturing going on here in Blue Jackets' Country, that I'd be better off doing things besides writing long-winded, fluff rants. For example, I'm working my tail off to get back into favorable physical shape, and have been at it for about two weeks in all now. It's definitely a shock to the system when you hit the ground running (both metaphorically and literally), let me tell you. I've also been busy with other personal ventures, but that's neither here or there.

I did notice something of great interest while I was browsing NHL.com today, though. Something new on the OLN (soon to be called VERSUS) coverage. You can see it here.

In any event, the jist of it all, after you get passed the fluff and the "We're so happy to be with VERSUS! Please watch us on VERSUS!", is that they've managed to get another 7.2 million households into the VERSUS fold since the start of the year, putting the total households around 70 million in all.

Before I continue, let me share a conversation I had in IMs with a friend of mine over this:

Mike: So, VERSUS. They added another 7.2 households to their distribution across the country.
Molly: Wow!
Mike: ... wait, crap. I meant 7.2 million!
Molly: ::Laughs!::

A total freudian slip right there, folks. And come on, you know it's funny!

But gags aside, I've stood by OLN/VERSUS so far. I'm definitely in the minority when I say that, sadly ... but I'm of the opinion that until they're given at least a pair of years to get things rolling, judging should be reserved ... or at least kept tame. It's already been stressed by bloggers and pundits far and wide that they had hardly any time to be ready and set up for the NHL season when they won the deal, so cut them some slack.

The article on VERSUS at Wikipedia (onoz! Wikipedia!) also points out interesting key facts, such as their very determined drive to grab something -- anything -- away from ESPN. While they have yet to actually succeed beyond the NHL, there are still opportunities coming soon, such as an MLB package among other things.

I'll continue to give VERSUS the benefit of the doubt. It might be painful at times, but damnit, at least they give hockey coverage!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links