General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
• Battle of California
• Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
• Southeast Shootout
• Bird Watcher's Anonymous
• Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
• Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
• The Bruin's Blog
• Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
• Die By the Blade
• Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
• Open Ice Hits
• The Battle of Alberta
• Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
• Canes Country
• Carolina on Ice
• Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
• All Things Avs (Denver Post)
• Jerseys and Hockey Love
• Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
• Bethany's Hockey Rants
• Light the Lamp
• The Neutral Zone Trap
• Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
• Razor With An Edge
• Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
• Abel to Yzerman
• On the Wings
• Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
• Battle of Alberta
• Lowetide
• Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
• On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
• Litter Box Cats
• Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
• Life in Hockeywood
• Frozen Royalty
• Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
• Wild Puck Banter
• Deuce by Definition
• Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
• Flying Frenchmen
• All Habs
• Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
• What the Puck
• The View From 111
• Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
• Interchangeable Parts
• In Lou We Trust
• The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
• The View From Section 317
• The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
• The Battle of New York
• The Hockey Rodent
• Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
• Scarlett Ice
• SENShobo
• Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
• Ronnybrook
• Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
• Hip Shot Blog
• Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
• Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
• The Sidney Crosby Show
• Pensblog
• The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
• Battle of California
• Sharkspage
• Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
• St. Louis Game Time
• The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
• Raw Charge
• Bolts Blog
• Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
• Pension Plan Puppets
• Battle of Ontario
• Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
• Canuck's Corner
• Canucks & Beyond
• The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
• Japer's Rink
• Puckhead's Thoughts
• On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

Fired coaches, and drunken hirings!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Still in New Jersey! And still enjoying myself, even though I just found out the news that ol' Gerard Gallant was given the pink slip yesterday. Poor sod ... he's the kind of guy who you like, but you just should not give the reigns to something important (such as coaching an NHL team).

I'm sort of groggy this morning after a long night, and being on "vacation" still, I'm just here to let everyone know that I am indeed alive, and I will be back in Columbus on Wednesday morning, in time to jump in to the thick of things for the game against Nashville that evening.

While I am here, though, I decided to do something a little silly with what will probably happen with the current vacant coaching position for the Blue Jackets (unless you count Agnew's interim position as sufficient). Yes, I am totally ripping off Sherry from Scarlett Ice here ... but I'm on a borrowed laptop I'm totally not used to (mine's broke and in the shop for another week to two weeks), and so I can't exactly make anything myself (this touchpad is killing me!). Here's hoping she doesn't get mad. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And with that, I'm out like Paul Kariya after that hit in the 2002 2003 (thanks, ES!) Stanley Cup Finals (I so didn't mean the joke in a mean-spirited way. Explanation within my own comments ... though now I feel pretty lame. :-/ ).
5 Comments:
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Earl Sleek said…

    And with that, I'm out like Paul Kariya after that hit in the 2002 Stanley Cup Finals.

    A crass joke, made all the more egregious by mis-citing the year.

    That would be the 2003 SCF. You and PK are the two guys who keep messing that up.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    Really, it's 2003? ... oh, I know why I forgot! I like to have a case of selective amnesia when it comes to the 2002 season and the Red Wings winning the Cup then. =D

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    Oh, and ... actually, I probably should've been more clear with the joke. Actually, I used that one because even though Kariya did get knocked out, he returned soon enough better than ever (scoring the OT winner and all), like with me being back in C-Bus tomorrow!

    So, yeah. Not intentionally crass. I could've been more specific.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Earl Sleek said…

    Oh, I should clarify. I love crass!

    PK, by the way, came back and scored a goal, but not the OT winner. I think it was the Ducks' 4th goal in a 5-2 game 6.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Miss. Scarlett said…

    No worries Michael, I'm quite flattered it's being put to good use :P

     
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links