General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
Battle of California
Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
Southeast Shootout
Bird Watcher's Anonymous
Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
The Bruin's Blog
Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
Die By the Blade
Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
Open Ice Hits
The Battle of Alberta
Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
Canes Country
Carolina on Ice
Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
All Things Avs (Denver Post)
Jerseys and Hockey Love
Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
Bethany's Hockey Rants
Light the Lamp
The Neutral Zone Trap
Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
Razor With An Edge
Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
Abel to Yzerman
On the Wings
Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
Battle of Alberta
Lowetide
Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
Litter Box Cats
Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
Life in Hockeywood
Frozen Royalty
Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
Wild Puck Banter
Deuce by Definition
Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
Flying Frenchmen
All Habs
Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
What the Puck
The View From 111
Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
Interchangeable Parts
In Lou We Trust
The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
The View From Section 317
The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
The Battle of New York
The Hockey Rodent
Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
Scarlett Ice
SENShobo
Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
Ronnybrook
Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
Hip Shot Blog
Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
The Sidney Crosby Show
Pensblog
The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
Battle of California
Sharkspage
Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Game Time
The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
Raw Charge
Bolts Blog
Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
Pension Plan Puppets
Battle of Ontario
Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
Canuck's Corner
Canucks & Beyond
The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
Japer's Rink
Puckhead's Thoughts
On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

Blue Jackets: 2 ... Predators: 4 (or the day the CBJ blogosphere fell silent)

Sunday, November 19, 2006
I can't be the only one who noticed that not a single one of the CBJ bloggers out there -- including myself -- has posted on Saturday night's loss to the Predators. Herring, Drew and Truth, or Tyler. Though I guess the other four might be busy celebrating something positive, like the Ohio State victory over the hated Michigan Wolverines, right?

Incidentally, does anyone wonder how a team like the Blue Jackets manages to have five devoted bloggers, while regularly victorious teams like the Devils, Predators, or Lightning are lucky to have just one (now none that I know of for the Preds with Predguy's possibly permanent hiatus)? I guess you could say this is one great example of how the fans in Columbus are some of the best: that so many people are devoted to a team that's about as bad as that girlfriend or boyfriend you had that keeps leading you along by a dangling carrot.

That, or Columbus is filled with masochists. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I watched the game on and off, pretty much throwing my hands in the air and muting the television after the end of the 2nd period. I never would have imagined I'd hate Jason Arnott so much after all he did to help the Devils win a Stanley Cup in 2000-2001. But here I am, shaking my fist and hoping that he'll rue the day he made a mockery of the Blue Jackets with two goals on Saturday night. Not that he needed to mock them or anything; the Blue Jackets have self-mockery down pretty well at the moment.

Pascal Leclaire was once again left high and dry, and boy you could just see how angry he got with every goal he let in. If he was Marc Denis, he probably would have broken his stick by the third goal. Only one goal really seemed to beat the guy cleanly, and that was a slapper from the circle. The others were flat out defensive failures that Leclaire couldn't do anything to rectify. At least the team wasn't shut out.

You can thank one of the only bright spots on the team for that: Dan Fritsche. And then Fedorov also got a goal. It's actually pretty depressing. After I saw the score was 4-2, I kept the game muted and watched a little more intently. And you could see that the team was practically buzzing with that same desperation they showed last season during that come from behind win against Detroit that all CBJ fans know and will forever remember.

But desperation and last minute heroics won't always work, and when you're down four goals, even in this faster-paced and offensive-minded NHL, you'll probably end up on the losing end of the game if that's the difference leading in to the third period.

Well, chin up, I guess. This week we hopefully find out who the new head coach of this aimlessly drifting team is. Though the news out of sources like James Mirtle leaves me a little pessimistic, with concerns about whether or not a guy like Kenny Hitchcock would even come to Columbus, let alone wants to.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to leave you hanging this weekend, dude. I flipped over to the game a few times, but with the way they've been playing, I'd rather (and did) watch football all night long.

    Weekends are usually tough for me as well, with all the football and family stuff going on. So, yeah... I noticed. But I didn't see enough to write anything at the time. I'll have some thoughts up today.

    It was fun to see in the Dispatch how many letters to the editor were printed expressing fan disgust with the team. On the weekend of The Game, no less.

    P.S. Sorry you don't like football all that much, that was probably one of the better football games I've seen in a while. Very exciting stuff.

    I'll actually be at the next two games, so you can be assured that this portion of the CBJ blogosphere will have some thoughts.

    Drew

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    Oh, don't worry about it! I was just poking fun at how it seems like everyone has been so totally silent about this weekend. And with good reason, since there's a local team that wins. I also watched some of the OSU game, too. It's NFL football that I can't stand. College football? Small doses won't kill me. :D

    Thanks for pointing out the Dispatch letters, though. I'll go take a look at those since I'd forgotten about them. That should give me a laugh or two.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Tyler said…

    Haha- Yeah, Yoder and I were too depressed to report on the Nashville game.

    The Bobcats and Buckeyes both had great wins this week, which is all i can do to prevent myself from shoving a screwdriver in my eye. Damn those jackets. Let's get a new coach in there and start some recovery. .500 isn't impossible yet.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger YNBA (artist formerly known as Herringbone) said…

    Sorry Man....

    The CBJ has reached my "You're Dead To Me" Board...

    I will start blogging about them more frequently now that I am able to not worry about OSU football...as much.

    The next couple weeks of blogging will not be pretty...

    "That, or Columbus is filled with masochists. I'm leaning towards the latter."

    I am also an Indians fan...&%%$%* Jose Mesa

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On the masochistic front, I'm also a Browns fan. @#$% Modell!!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Tyler said…

    oh man, jackets fan AND a browns fan?? Double whammy.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    :-( I'm also an Indians fan, thanks to the relatives, and have been since childhood. And even a Browns fan just by association with those same relatives, whenever they strap me down to watch football with them during the holidays.

    It's like a world of pain! ... the losing part, not the watching part. Well, or both. Yeah.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger YNBA (artist formerly known as Herringbone) said…

    I left a comment on Mirtle's page about the Ottawa over Columbus destination for Hitchcock.

    I dont really care if the CBJ get hitchcock or not, but Ottawa is like hockey purgatory. Mass exodus of talent and no banners in rafters to show for it.

     
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links