General Hockey Blogs

Team Blogs

Anaheim Ducks
Battle of California
Duck's Blog (OC Register)

Atlanta Thrashers
Southeast Shootout
Bird Watcher's Anonymous
Blueland Blog

Boston Bruins
Wicked Bruins Fan's Blog
The Bruin's Blog
Bruin's Blog (Boston Globe)

Buffalo Sabres
Die By the Blade
Bflo Blog

Calgary Flames
Open Ice Hits
The Battle of Alberta
Flames Insider (Calgary Herald)

Carolina Hurricanes
Canes Country
Carolina on Ice
Red and Black Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks
HELP WANTED

Colorado Avalanche
All Things Avs (Denver Post)
Jerseys and Hockey Love
Avs Talk

Columbus Blue Jackets
Bethany's Hockey Rants
Light the Lamp
The Neutral Zone Trap
Puck Rakers

Dallas Stars
Razor With An Edge
Andrew's Dallas Stars Blog

Detroit Red Wings
Abel to Yzerman
On the Wings
Winging it in Motown

Edmonton Oilers
Battle of Alberta
Lowetide
Hot Oil

Florida Panthers
On Frozen Blog (Miami Herald)
Litter Box Cats
Florida Panthers (Sun Sentinel)

Los Angeles Kings
Life in Hockeywood
Frozen Royalty
Battle of California

Minnesota Wild
Wild Puck Banter
Deuce by Definition
Hitting the Post

Montreal Canadiens
Flying Frenchmen
All Habs
Habs Eyes on the Prize

Nashville Predators
What the Puck
The View From 111
Preds on the Glass

New Jersey Devils
Interchangeable Parts
In Lou We Trust
The Beast of the East

New York Islanders
The View From Section 317
The Battle of New York

New York Rangers
The Battle of New York
The Hockey Rodent
Blueshirt Bulletin

Ottawa Senators
Scarlett Ice
SENShobo
Battle of Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers
Ronnybrook
Flyer Flies

Phoenix Coyotes
Hip Shot Blog
Ice Chips (Arizona Republic)
Five for Howling

Pittsburgh Pengiuns
The Sidney Crosby Show
Pensblog
The Confluence

San Jose Sharks
Battle of California
Sharkspage
Mike Chen's Hockey Blog

St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Game Time
The Hockey Chick

Tampa Bay Lightning
Raw Charge
Bolts Blog
Lightning Strikes

Toronto Maple Leafs
Pension Plan Puppets
Battle of Ontario
Raking Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
Canuck's Corner
Canucks & Beyond
The Crazy Canucks

Washington Capitals
Japer's Rink
Puckhead's Thoughts
On Frozen Blog

Blue Jackets Links

Who? What? Huh? ... yeah. Um.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006
With the possibly permanent hiatus being taken by Predsguy over at Predspage, I find myself a little antsy at the sudden lack of any real blogs for three particular teams in the league. More so because two of those teams are also members of the Central Division. In no particular order ...

Blackhawks - Come on, people. There has to be at least one blogger out there that covers and follows the Blackhawks, despite the way that Billy Wirtz has just about buried this team in a mile deep grave. This team has such a long and storied history, it's a depressing surprise that there isn't a single blog out there on them. It also makes talking about them during game time depressing; I have no one to rib!

Predators - I think what surprises me the most is that it was only Predsguy who I knew of that wrote about the Predators, considering how they've been moderately successful over the past three seasons now (this one included). And now that he's gone, I'm even more concerned. Is it really that dead in Nashville? I know that James Mirtle has a link to a forum-based blog by the Predators themselves it seems, but it isn't really the same.

Coyotes - Yeah. The 'Yotes. I guess I can't really blame the lack of a blog for this team on anything in particular. Even so, there must be someone out there that writes about this team and follows them. Anyone? ... anyone? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?

In any event, I also just wanted to thank the recent string of a few people who added me to their blogrolls. Every new link definitely means a lot, since it gives me even more to read when I manage to squeak in some free time amidst new jobs and bucketloads of classwork. Incidentally, if I ever improperly put down someone's blog's name? Feel free to let me know and I'll fix it post-haste. As it stands, I get that often enough: "The Army of Ohio", "Army of Ohio", and so on (I take full responsibility for the name being "armyofohio" in the URL, but that was just so it wouldn't be pointlessly long).

Don't blame me, though, for the rather broken English name: Army of the Ohio. Blame those geniuses back during the 19th century and the American Civil War, since the name is based off of the real Army of the Ohio.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:
  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Casonblog highlights the 'Yotes from time to time, being out in the area.

    Though I suppose he's still technically a 'Canes blogger.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    With Dennis Savard coming home to coach the team, there has to be someone out there excited enough to run a Hawks blog.

    I just googled "Bill Wirtz" and the first page listed is WirtzSucks.com. Classic.

    Any chance you can throw me a link? I run a Flyers blog at http://there-it-is.blogspot.com.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I lived in Chicago before the age of blogs, there was a very funny item called The Bluelines that was published and sold for each home game. It was partly a program, but mostly a satirical comment on the Blackhawks. It was great and very popular, so popular that Wirtz went to court to have it stopped.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger The Furnace said…

    Hey Mike: Couldn't find your contact info on the page (sorry if I just overlooked it, wouldn't normally leave it in here...

    Just wanted to let you know that I added your AotO blog to my general blog roll(central division)on thehockeyreport.com, as well as the Columbus War Room (inside the hockey report).
    Keep up your great work!
    Adam
    The Hockey Report

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    Drew - Yeah, I'm trying to avoid 'double dipper' blogs right now, just for some more variety (unless they're multi-person, like Battle of Alberta). :D I won't be removing anyone who I already have in two team spots, though.

    Matt - Thanks for reminding me! I saw you added me, and I just added you back this morning. :D Here's hoping Savard can draw some interest from people.

    TS - So it was all done by a bunch of devoted fans, then? That sounds awesome. ... and depressing that Wirtz yet again shows why he needs to be shown the door somehow by the NHL.

    War Room - I'm working on trying to make this blog easier to navigate, and have my contact info. Hopefully that'll be taken care of soon.

    Thanks for adding me to your Hockey Report site, too. I've put it up with the general listing here, as well.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Dirk Hoag said…

    Surprisingly enough, there is a Coyotes blog out there...

    http://onefansperspective.blogspot.com/

    You gotta give props to someone who can stomach watching that crew night in, night out. Perhaps writing about it is his coping mechanism...

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey,

    This is Matthew Perioli, writer of "The Blackhawk Experience", which is part of the Most Valuable Network. I wanted to thank you for adding a link to my blog here. This blog is really one of the better hockey ones out there, and I make it a point to read it frequently. Yes, there is at least *one* Blackhawks blog out there!

     
Post a Comment << Home

Jackets Media


"Rick" Roll
Created by Skraut

About Me


Name: Michael
Home: San Tan Valley, Arizona, United States
About Me: A mid-20s male who feels much too old even before he's 30. Has a degree in Sport Management and after branching out and trying a few other things in the job market, has finally decided to go back to his first love of hockey and hope he can break in with a team, big or small, somehow.
See my complete profile

Previous Post

Archives

Personal Links